Friday, September 28, 2012

Bud Powell update



Got this email from Peter Pullman, author of a recent Bud Powell biography :

"Dear Friends, Old and New; Colleagues; and All Others Who Would Like to Listen to Bud Powell:

I'll be on WBGO's Jazz from the Archives, with host Dan Morgenstern, on consecutive Sunday evenings, 30 September and 7 October, from 11:00  pm to midnight (Eastern). This Sunday evening series is a long-running coproduction of the NPR affiliate and Institute of Jazz Studies, Rutgers  University.

Tune in to 88.3FM, Newark (or go to www.wbgo.org) on these evenings to hear Bud Powell's music and my reading of excerpts  from my new biography, Wail: The Life of Bud Powell.

Also, as some already know, I'll be selling a paperback edition of my work from mid-October. It will be available at my website.

In another development, NPR's music website will honor Powell with a new segment in its Take 5 series. Go to www.npr.org to see and hear five recordings of his that have been posted there.

I  hope that all of this will amount to my work getting more interest and reviews from the critical community.


Peter Pullman
www.BudPowellBio.com
Bud would have turned eighty-eight on Thursday, 27.IX.12."

No comments:

Post a Comment